Background in computer science and image manipulation.
I'm a contributor to GIMP, the GNU Image Manipulation Program.
You won't find that much code by me in the GIMP codebase - more of it in the www.gimp.org website. You will find many comments on bugs and features requests for GIMP in in GNOME Bugzilla. You will find posts on the GIMP mailing lists. And you will find me on IRC, in the channel #gimp on irc.gimp.org
My main interest on the SE site is the Graphics Design SE (but I admit that I am partly responsible for making it GraphicDesignSoftwareSupport.SE). I hunt for GIMP-related questions on other stacks, and try to answer them.
My most activity by far happened in the gestation of the Open Source stack. My main motivation for committing to opensource.stackexchange.com was to find a place where people interested in free and open source software licensing can have discussions, without diving to deep into law.
GIMP is licensed under the GNU General Public License v3 and Lesser General Public License v3. I support the ideas of the Free Software Foundation in regard to Free Software and the Four Freedoms.
I am not interested in holy wars about which license is better than another - I will point out problems I see with any of them, however.
- Graphic Design 2.7k 2.7k 22 gold badges1919 silver badges2929 bronze badges
- Aviation 941 941 66 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- Super User 920 920 55 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- Open Source 743 743 1010 silver badges2121 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 448 448 77 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 90 What is the slowest fixed-wing airplane?
- 81 GIMP: 'move layer' stops working
- 36 How to move an inserted text box in GIMP
- 21 How to copy a layer group to another image in GIMP?
- 20 Gimp - Easy way to make many layers visible?
- 13 How can I trust Wikipedia, if everyone can change it?
- 13 Short story about a father who commits suicide to protect his murdered daughter in the afterlife
- View more network posts →