I work as a software engineer at Elastic maintaining the Open Source Python client libraries among other Python-flavored things.
I write a blog called "Python ♥ HTTP" which contains my thoughts and findings related to Python, Open Source, HTTP, TLS, URLs, and more.
I maintain many Open Source projects, most notably I'm the lead maintainer for urllib3 which receives the most downloads per day of any package on PyPI. Almost all the projects I contribute to are related to HTTP or URLs. Here's a list of projects I maintain: urllib3, requests, elasticsearch, elasticsearch-dsl, eland, rfc3986, and many more!
I've been awarded the Google Open Source Peer Bonus for Q3 2019 for my work on urllib3 and worked on multiple development grants from GitCoin Grants and CERT Gouvernemental Luxembourg.
I was born in Minneapolis, Minnesota and graduated from the University of Minnesota TC with a BS in Computer Science. Besides programming I enjoy living lake life, gardening, following Minnesota sports, and playing games of all kinds.
- Information Security 1.5k 1.5k 99 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- User Experience 831 831 55 silver badges55 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 690 690 66 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- Open Source 367 367 22 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 181 181 33 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 84 A universal word or term for "your device/machine/computer/tablet/phone/smart watch/gadget/whatever"?
- 39 Why are self signed certificates not trusted and is there a way to make them trusted?
- 13 Is it possible to use the python3 bindings for VirtualBox?
- 10 How to install the latest version of pip when I already installed the provided by Ubuntu?
- 10 If a project is released under GPLv3+ and GPLv4 is less restrictive what happens?
- 9 Which HTTP status codes are cacheable?
- 8 Class decorators in Python: practical use cases
- View more network posts →