The UK spelling of the noun is "licence", and US "license". The standard for Stack Exchange seems to be US for tags: What should the standard spelling be - British or US?

Please could someone with enough reputation create the synonym?

  • 1
    Actually, in much of the rest of the world, 'license' and 'licence' are two different words (as with "practise" and "practice"). They follow the same rules as 'advise' and 'advice' - which, thankfully, US English kept separate
    – kdopen
    Commented Jun 24, 2015 at 17:33

2 Answers 2


Since no one on the site has the 1250 reputation required to suggest a tag synonym (And no one would have for at least a few more days).

Your best bet would be to flag for moderator attention, and hope that one of the Community Managers see it.

Looks like the managers hath heard our prayers.



will now always become . :D

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .