I think it would be useful to have the tag relicensing. Like we agreed for license-compatibility, I think it is better to have one tag like this than using two tags like license and license-change (which does exist and should probably eventually be made a synonym).
Here are some questions I think it should apply to:
- Can I license a project which I have already released without a license?
- How can a project be relicensed?
- Can I license a project that I have built on if it already has a license?
- If I include some GPL code in my project, can I release it as BSD?
- Is it possible to close an open source project?
- Can I place a license on something that I already published? [Duplicate]
Now it is true that some of these concern things which were not previously released under a license. I think that the process of changing a license and the factors involved in choosing whether and how to do so are similar enough that they should use the same tag. But I'd be open to suggestions for a tag name which is equally applicable to such cases.
(This meta post was created because Zizouz212 retagged several of these questions.)